The Editing Process: A Journey

Hey guys, I'm back! So, I ran into a small problem; actually a very big problem. In my last post, I said that I went through and organized all of the scenes we filmed. Well, it all deleted! So, I was back to having unorganized videos that consisted of multiple takes of each scene. I had to go back through again and organize about, in total, an hour's worth of film. I had already done all of this and saved the final shots onto my computer for the editing, but for some reason, they all deleted off of my computer. 

I was in Media class and was ready to begin editing the scenes together, but when I went to find the folder where the final shots were located, it was gone. I looked in all the different folders on my computer and even looked in the trash to see if I accidentally deleted it. But, I had no luck. So, I had to do it all again. I spent another hour looking through the footage and reorganizing them. This time, I made copies of the final shots and saved them on both my computer and my iCloud Drive so as to make sure that it didn't delete again. You could say I was a little paranoid. 

The next thing that I had to do was find a way to add sound to the music video. On CapCut, there's an option to add sounds, and Capcut has a library of songs to choose from. However, when I looked up the song we wanted for our music video, I couldn't find it. Since it wasn't one of the songs CapCut has available for you, I had to find a different way to get the song. I looked at some of the different options on CapCut for adding sound and found that you could add sounds from you device. So, I pulled up the song on YouTube and put in headphones so that I could hear the sound. I then let the song play on my phone while I was screen recording, so that the audio would save to my photo library on my device. I went back to CapCut and was able to use that sound from the recoding and use it for the music video. I adjusted the sound volume so that the sound on the original video was muted and made the music louder. 

The music video is coming together so smoothly, minus the few initial hiccups, and I can't wait to see the final product. It will be so cool to see that the time and effort we put into this video will produce something amazing. Oh, and don't worry, I am going to post the music video soon so that you can all see it too!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website