Hey guys! My group just finished a very important step in the planning process. We created a stoyboard for our film, and it's available down below. Hope you like it!
Link to Critical Reflection document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wv02iU8XPnwHerS8Ixp43KrYaRQxN8sKNJueMmSktoc/edit?usp=sharing 1. How do your products represent social groups or issues? All the products of this project represent the social issue of substance abuse, specifically alcohol abuse. Today, alcohol use has become so widespread and normalized that many people forget the multitude of negative effects that come with it. This is a problem that affects people of all ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds, and causes so much pain to both the users themselves and those around them. I wanted to help bring awareness to this problem through the film “Echoes of Awakening,” which portrays a character who suffered from a drunk driving accident. To truly share the depth of the severity of this issue, the film uniquely makes it so that the audience does not know that the character Jack was in an accident until the very end of the film. The fi...
The next film I decided to look at was The Vision. The film starts off with very dark lighting, much darker than the previous film I viewed. The warm saturation in combination with lighting adds a suspenseful feeling that is very typical of mystery films. The close ups of different objects in the room builds anticipation for the viewer. It makes me sit on the edge of my seat to see where the story will go. Just like the other film, The Vision utilizes closer shots to develop the mystery of plot. Another big mystery aspect that is found in this film is its use of sound. Early on, there is a combination of ambient sounds and eerie music that combine to further keep me on my toes. In fact, the lighting sounds even caught me off guard and slightly frightened me. After being introduced to the first setting, a bedroom, and seemingly the main protagonist, the use of dialogue and props furthers the uncanny yet curious feeling in the viewer. The distresse...
Hey everyone, time for an update! After getting all of the props for the film, I then moved on to my next task. I had to email different institutions to see if one of them had a medical centre we could film in. This was for one of the later scenes in the film, where the character wakes up and finds himself in a hospital bed. Since I wanted this scene to look as realistic as possible, I wanted to film it in a real hospital bed. The problem is, where can I find that? I started by researching some nearby universities, thinking that their medical schools may have an area we could use. I first looked up Nova Southeastern University's med school and visited their website. At first I struggled to find a way to contact them without having to schedule an appointment first. However, after some searching, I was able to find an email for the dean of the school. I reached out to her asking if there was any way she would let us film at the school for a student projec...
Comments
Post a Comment