The Filming Finale: The Sequel

    Hey guys, I'm back! Last time I wrote about the first half of our last day of filming. After a few struggles, I got the perfect shot for the car scene and was ready to move onto the next scene. For this last scene, we moved outside to film Giulia walking up to a house. For this scene, Giulia was supposed to be walking while holding a bouquet of flowers. 

    However, I realized we had one small problem, I forgot to buy the flowers. Since I didn't want to have to go to the store, I tried to think of what we could use as a replacement. Luckily, I remembered that I had a vase of fake roses in my room, so I got those and tied them together with a hair tie to make a bouquet. 

    Back outside, I had Giulia stand in the middle of the walkway to see how she would look in the frame. I focused on trying to keep her centered in the frame, but I realized that the lighting was too bright again. I tried to use the different settings on the camera to make the lighting seem less harsh, but none of them helped. 

    So, to fix the lighting problem, I suggested that we film the last scene later and instead take a break and eat pizza. This is because by the time we would finish eating, it would be close to sunset and the lighting would improve drastically. 

    After about 45 minutes, we went back outside and I tested the lighting with Giulia in the frame. This time, the lighting was much better and I was ready to begin filming. I ensured that Giulia was centered in frame and that I had a medium close-up of her. I instructed Giulia on how far back to stand so that she would have enough space to walk. 

    This shot was a tracking shot, so I had to follow Giulia's movements by walking backwards, and the only struggle I faced was trying to keep the camera steady. After 2 takes, I got a good shot, but I wanted to shoot it one more time just in case. Once I completed that third shot, we were done with the filming! I would say that this scene was one of the easiest to film, and was a good scene to end the day with. 

    Now that we've finished filming, the next step is to edit the music video. This will be a great chance for me to improve my editing skills, as I would say that editing is my weakness. I can't wait to start editing and I can't wait to update you all! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website