An Outside Opinion

    Hey guys! So after finishing the first round of edits for the film, I decided to get some outside opinions. I showed my mother and father the film and asked them to give me their honest feedback. Since my gorupmates and I have been working on this film from the beginning and are so familiar with it, it's hard for us to be unbiased. Personally, I feel like I've essentially become numb to the film as I've seen it over and over again. Not to say that I think the film is boring in any way! I just feel that it is hard for any one of us to really provide a valuable analysis of the film at this point in the production process. 

    It never hurts to have a fresh set of eyes, so I showed my parents the film. They first started with giving me the positive feedback. They said they really liked the clear storyline, the plot twist at the end, and they thought that the overall filming was well done. However, they did point out that the lighting in the hospital scene was a bit dim. They thought that the poor lighting during that scene took away from the quality of the film. I found that I agreed with them. At the time of filming, I had thought that the lighting looked good, however, in comparison to the rest of the scenes, the quality due to lighting was significantly reduced. I was so grateful that they pointed this out to me, so I thanked them for their help, and then I got straight to work. 

    I definitely wanted to fix the problem, but I didn't want to have to re-film the entire scene. So, I decided to try editing the clip. I researched how to edit the brightness of a video on CapCut and it was actually really easy to do. I used the adjust feature in the righthand corner, and there were so many options for adjustment. I first started with increasing the brightness. I then adjusted the saturation and color contrast to see if that would help the lighting. I also adjusted the HSL of the video, which allowed me to change the colored hue that was added when I increased the brightness. After all of these edits, the final product was clearer, brighter, and fit well with the aesthetic of the rest of the film. I was so happy with how it turned out! I was especially grateful that I didn't have to refill that one scene.

    This just goes to show the amazing capabilities of editing. No matter how many times I've used editing softwares on past projects, I always manage to learn something new. Overall, I think that this portion of the production process was incredibly helpful. The minor changes I was able to make contributed greatly to the quality of the film.

Getting a Second Opinion on a Diagnosis | Healthy Me PA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website