Hey guys! It's finally here! The final opening sequence is completed! I'm so excited for you all to see the product of all my hard work. I'm so happy with how it came out and I hope you all enjoy!
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! In this blog, I am going to look at the mystery short film titled, “The Last Note”. I will be researching by looking at the conventions of the mystery genre across this short mystery movie to maybe help me use those conventions in my short film. So, let’s begin! Immediately when the movie begins the first thing I notice is the music used. The music used in this film was very dark and suspenseful and it stayed at a constant speed the entire time. I also noticed the lighting as well. The lighting was very dark, and it looked like a filter was applied in the editing process. I see that the music is playing through the whole beginning portion of the movie. I see lots of different camera editing done. I see lots of cross cutting between scenes as the talking is happening like when there is a flashback. I notice that when it does cross cutting to those flashbacks the lighting is even more dark than thro...
Hey guys! In preparation for filming, I first started by obtaining the props for my group. The first step was to make a list of everything I could possibly need. I figured this out by going back through our storyboard to see what I would need to get for each scene. I concluded that I needed a radio, candles, cooking utensils, flower petals, a clock, a banana, a phone, a TV and remote, a potted plant, medical tubes, an alarm clock, fake blood, and an empty beer bottle. It's a lot of props! However, to save money, I am going to try to buy as few props as possible, and instead utilize a lot of items that I already have free access too. For example, the airbnb that we will be filming at will already have a TV and remote, so I will not need to bring that separately. For the radio, I already own one that also displays the time, so I will use that one item to act as both the radio and the clock that multiple scenes need. Similarly, I have ca...
Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!. I am continuing to research short films and their conventions. I am reviewing short films that follow my genre to learn about conventions I would need to use for my short film. As the genre I am using is mystery, I am going to be watching mystery short films. In this blog I am going to research the mystery short film, “Buried Treasure”. I was able to find this short film option on YouTube. When the film opens, the music is the first thing once again that I notice. This music is different though from the last movie I reviewed. The difference was that this music got louder progressively as the opening of the short film continued. The lighting is the same though. I notice the dark lighting. The dark lighting creates a very deep shadow and puts spotlights on certain aspects. This goes back to the point convention I’ve noticed in mystery films which is having the audience very focused on the little det...
Comments
Post a Comment