Filming Blog: Preparation and a Lot of Money

Hey guys! So, I wanted to update you all on the status of the opening sequence. Before I can get started on the actual filming process, I had to take care of a few things first. The very first thing I had to do was figure out the props. Based on the storyboard I created, I knew that one of the first things I needed was a wooden cutting board. This is what's going to be used in the first scene, and since I am filming the opening sequence in order, that scene was also going to be the first one I filmed. Therefore, this prop was my top priority. 

I first decided to look in different stores to see if I could find something that would work. I found many cutting boards to chose from, but the only problem was that they were all very expensive. Since I had more props that I still needed to buy, I didn't want to waste all of the money on this first prop. My solution to this was to check Amazon online to see if there was a cheaper option, and sure enough, I found it! The best part was that the cutting board was scheduled to arrive the next day, meaning that it would be here in time for my first day of filming!

After I ordered the cutting board, I looked into what other props I'd need for the film, and I made a list so that I could stay organized. I knew I needed red paint, a large knife, a mask, a floor mat, and notepaper. I shared this list with Giulia to see what props she already had and what other props I would need to buy later. This way, I could be completely prepared with all the props I needed for when it is time to film. 

I planned to find the rest of the props I still needed later that week, but in the meantime, I decided to plan ahead for filming. Since the opening sequence has a time limit of two minutes, I knew that I had to figure out the timings of each scene. So, I sat down with the storyboard in front of me and mapped out how long each scene should take so that the total would come up to two minutes. I had to make sure to incorporate the time needed to showcase the title sequences as well. After quite a few tries, I was able to calculate how long each scene would need and figure out what I needed to do to get the film to meet the time constraints. 

After all of this, I was much closer to being ready to film the opening sequence. I still had some more props to buy and a few other things to figure out, but I'll update you all on that next time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website