Filming Blog: Almost Ready!

Hey guys, time for another update! After coming back from Orlando, it was time to get back to work on my opening sequence. The next thing I had to do was obtain filming equipment. I first looked online to try and buy a camera and tripod to use. However, when I looked online, the equipment was extremely expensive. I kew that I didn't have a tripod laying around the house, but I did remember that my dad had an old camera stored away somewhere. I asked him if I could borrow the camera, but apparently he sold it! 

It was time to find some alternatives because it wasn't feasible for me to spend hundreds of dollars on a camera and tripod. So, I decided that the next option would be asking my teachers if they had equipment I could borrow. I went to the journalism teacher, as my friend told me that she has many cameras, SD cards, and tripods. There was only one problem, I wasn't her student and I wasn't a part of the journalism class or club. So, I asked my friend who is a part of the class to vouch for me. She came with me to ask permission to borrow the equipment, and thankfully, the teacher agreed. I had to sign a few forms and schedule a day to return it, and then I was good to go. 

When I got home that day, I charged the camera so that I could test it out and make sure everything worked fine. When it finished charging, I explored the different settings of the camera and practiced filming with it so that I would be fully prepared the day of filming. However, when looking at the quality of the videos the camera took, I thought that the quality of an iPhone might be better. So, I decided that the best thing for me to do was to keep the camera as a backup or to use if there is a shot that I can't film on my iPhone, but use my iPhone as the main video recorder. I stored the camera and tripod in the back of my closet as this was the place where it was least likely to get damaged. 

Now that I made that decision, I needed a tripod for the iPhone as well. I already knew that I didn't have one in my house, so I checked online. I found a reasonably priced tripod and added it to my cart. Coincidentally, my friend Andres texted a few hours later. He said that he had a tripod for an iPhone that I could borrow if I wanted. It was perfect timing! I knew that a tripod would help elevate my filming capabilities, so I took Andres up on his offer. I scheduled to pick up the tripod from him this weekend, as we would both be in the same place, and he could easily bring it to me there. 

The camera equipment was the last thing I needed to get before I started filming the actual film. I can't wait to update you guys soon! Giulia and I will be filming this week, as both me and Giulia are on spring break. I'm so excited to get started!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website