The First Steps

    Hey everyone! Today I am writing to you guys about my next project, a music video. For this project my group consists of only one other person, Giulia Ballarin. I worked with Giulia for the last project I did, the commercial. My group for that project consisted of Giulia, Andres, and myself. However, for this project, we decided not to keep the same group for two reasons. First, Andres had a schedule change and was switched out of our class period into another AICE Media class. Being in different classes made it much harder to work together and collaborate on ideas. Andres also wanted to try working with someone new, so we all decided it was best that me and Giulia only worked together. 

    I chose to continue working with Giulia because I know that we work well together. I have known Giulia since 1st grade, and throughout elementary, middle, and high school we have worked on many projects together. Like me, Giulia is very organized and hardworking, so I know that she will be a good partner for this project. 

    When we first learned about the project in class, Giulia wasn't there, so I began to think of some songs on my own. I looked through my current playlist on Amazon music to see what songs tell a story that could be recreated in a music video. I came up with a few ideas, "Working for the Weekend" by MAX and "Material  Girl" by Rihanna. I planned on sharing the songs and discussing it with Giulia when I got home that day, but I ended up getting extremely sick. I was sick for about the next 3 days so I wasn't able to finalize a song choice with Giulia. 

    However, while I was sick, Giulia sent me a few different song choices that she thought would be good for the project. Once I got better I sent her the songs I had picked out and listened to the ones she sent me. We eventually decided to choose the song "Attracted to you" by PinkPantheress. I liked the song because it tells a story about hating but liking someone at the same time, and I think that it would be fun to portray that story in the music video. The length of the song is also ideal for this project because our music video can only be around a minute long. The song we chose is around that length, so the entire song can be used and it wont seem choppy or interrupted. 

    Next, I'm going to have to begin researching music videos for similar songs to get some ideas for my music video. But, I'll update you guys on that next time. See you then!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website