A Few Obstacles

    Hey guys! I'm here to give some updates on what's happened recently. After filming all of the scenes for the film, I ran into some troubles. First, I struggled to upload the iPhone videos to my laptop to begin the editing process. I first tried to send myself the videos so that I could access them from my computer and transfer them into my editing software. However, when I opened up all of the footage on my laptop, it seemed like the videos' quality were reduced. I tried resending myself the videos through email but that didn't help much. I even tried to export the videos in higher quality, but no matter what I tried, nothing seemed to work. I couldn't leave the footage in that state, so I did some research.

    I found that this issue can occur when transferring footage of certain length, and there were a few other factors that were contributing to the problem. So, I followed the advice of some online articles and decided to upload the videos into my iCloud from my iPhone. Then, when I accessed iCloud on my computer, the videos came through with perfect quality. Crisis averted!

    Before I uploaded the footage into an editing software, I wanted to make sure that CapCut was still the best software for me to use. For all of my prior projects in this class I used CapCut, and I thought it was a great platform. However, because this project is longer and requires complicated editing, I decided to weigh all my options before proceeding. I watched some videos that analyzed different editing softwares and broke down the pros and cons of each. Two other apps, Filmora and Final Cut Pro, both caught my eye, as they had great reviews and were free. However, after testing out both apps, I decided that I preferred CapCut the most. The reason is that CapCut is very user friendly, and I am already comfortable with the program since I have used it so many times before. 

With that decision made, I then uploaded all of the footage into CapCut. Since I uploaded the raw footage, I had to go through and edit each portion, cutting out the parts I didn't need. That was the first basic step in the long journey of editing. I'll update you guys again soon on any progress made. See you then!


Optimizing Your At-Home Video Editing Setup for the Long Haul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website