Filming Blog: The Final Takes

Hey guys! Time to update you all on the rest of the filming process. During the first day of filming, there were a few more shots I had left to film. The first two shots were extremely easy and I finished in no time. For the first, I positioned the camera for an over-the-shoulder shot of Giulia reaching for the door, and then I captured a close-up of Giulia's hand turning the door knob for the second. 

Next, I had to film Giulia opening the door from outside the house, and this was a little more tricky. I used the tripod for this shot so that I could capture Giulia's full body as she looks for the note. At first, I struggled to set up the camera, but then I tried setting the tripod on a chair and got the perfect angle. I made sure that the camera was positioned correctly and that the camera was zoomed all the way in, and then I signaled to Giulia when I was ready to begin. As soon as she opened the door I had to zoom all the way out from the doorknob, and once she picked up the note, I had to pick up the camera and zoom into Giulia's face. This took me a few tries to get the hang of as it was a more complicated shot, but after a few takes, I had multiple great shots to chose from. 

After that shot, I had Giulia come inside and positioned the camera to be at eye-level with her. I then had her drop the note and start walking away. Once she dropped the note, I would pan the camera down to capture it falling to the floor, and I would have to make sure I leave enough space in the shot for a title to be inserted. After a few tries, I was successful!

The last shot I filmed that day was of Giulia and the "killer" walking out of the front door. I set up the tripod on the ground and made sure that there was enough space in the shot to insert another title. After setting up the camera, I had my own few seconds of fame! I played the part of the killer by following Giulia out of the house with the weapon in hand. I put on my costume, dark grey pants and black sneakers, and grabbed the prop I was using as the weapon. To get the shot, I would start recording, go into the house, have Giulia walk out, and then I would follow a few seconds after. That was the last shot filmed that day, and I can safely say that day one of filming was a success! 

For day two of filming, I had only one more scene to film. For this scene, I asked my friend Camila to act as the killer. Overall, this last shot went pretty smoothly, and I am very happy with how it came out. For the shot, I had to set the camera up on the tripod and position it very close to the ground. Then, I would shout for Giulia to start running down the road, and as soon as she passed the camera, I would pan to the killer standing off to the side. Simultaneously, I would zoom in on the killers face. This scene was surprisingly easy for me to film, and after that, I was done! The first round of filming is complete, so now I'll work on editing the film. I'll update you guys on how it goes. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website