I'm Back, and Better then Ever

    Hey guys, I'm back. Its been a while since I last blogged, but it's that time again, project time! For those of you that are new, I blog about my experience and progress in AICE Media. I started blogging during the first project I ever did, where I got to create my own commercial. This was my first time attempting to create a video that required planning, knowledge, and editing. I learned different camera movements, angles, editing techniques, and other tips to help create meaning through videos, which is something I had never even considered before. It was such a fun project to do, and I learned so much about filming. I also learned that I prefer to be behind the camera instead of in front of it!

    I truly loved producing the commercial, and I learned so much during that project. Then, I was tasked with creating a music video! This was even more fun than the commercial, as I was able to apply all of my new knowledge and experience to create an amazing video. This project is where my editing skills really improved, as since I had less people in my group, I had more responsibilities. I practiced editing and explored different techniques like split screens, fade ins, fade outs, etc. I found it so interesting that such minor changes could elevate a video so much. 

    By blogging all of my experiences, I've been able to see how much I've changed and benefitted throughout the year. Before I took this class, the only thing I knew about film was that I liked to watch it. I never knew how much went into creating a video and how different properties can be used to create meaning. 

    Taking this class also helped with my creativity. Before this class, I wasn't a very creative person and much rather preferred to be analytical. However, taking this class has forced me to at least try to be creative, whether by coming up with a storyline, or having a vision for what I want to portray through my videos. With this practice, I realized that I am capable of coming up with creative ideas, and it changed the way I viewed myself and my capabilities. 

    This blog has followed my journey through AICE Media since day one, and it catalogued my development. I came into this class having little to no interest in production, but after just a few projects, I realized how complex and intriguing film can be. I've learned so much already, and I can't wait to jump into the next project and put my skills to the test. 

    For this next project, a movie opening, I have not yet figured out exactly what I want to do, but I have a few ideas. Don't worry, I'll make sure to keep you guys updated on the entire process. See you then!


This study explains why humans are creative


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website