A Small Bump on the Editing Road

    Hey guys! The filming process is officially finished, and now it's on to editing. The first step I had to do was to transfer the videos from the camera onto my computer to edit. Usually, all I would have had to do was to take out the SD card from the camera and plug it into my laptop. However, I realized there was one small problem, the SD card in the camera didn't fit into the ports on my laptop. 

    I've never encountered this challenge before, so I had no idea what to do. To find my answers, I turned Google and began researching. I researched my problem and found that what I needed was an SD reader. I really didn't want to have to buy one, so I first asked a few friends and family members. However, no one I asked owned one, so, I decided that when I got back to school I would ask my media teachers to see if they could lend me one. 

    Sure enough, come Monday, my teacher had an SD card reader that I could use. I plugged in the SD card on one side of the reader and plugged the other side into my computer, and viola, I was able to access all of the videos I filmed. The next thing I had to do was watch each take filmed to find the perfect shots. This is because the majority of the time I was filming, I kept the camera rolling for each take. It took me about 40 minutes to locate which shots I wanted to use for the final product. Once I found the ones I wanted, I organized them so that I wouldn't get confused.

    Next, I had to figure out which editing software I wanted to use for editing the video. One of the requirements for the music video is that the final product cannot have any watermarks, so I researched free editing softwares that would meet the requirement. After researching, I had a few options to choose from: iMovie, ShotCut, Blender, and CapCut. After trying out the different softwares, I found the one I liked most, CapCut. I decided on CapCut because it was the easiest software to use and it produces high quality videos. 

    Now that I've transferred and organized all of the footage and chose an editing software, the next thing on the list is to edit together all of the scenes and add effects. So far, I have not found the editing process to be too challenging, and even though I am not very good at editing, I think that using CapCut should make the process run smoothly. I'll update you guys soon on my progress. See you then!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Blog: Title design

Filming in Wilton Manors

Title Research: Art of the Title Website